Thank you for your interest in our opportunities for summer research abroad!
These opportunities have been arranged by the Division of Engineering Science, and are available only to Engineering Science students. Full details on the host institutions and available projects can be found in the Engineering Science student organization on Blackboard (APSC_ESC_Undergrad). Please read the application instructions below thoroughly before submitting an application. Applications must be submitted online by 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday, January 11, 2017.
While we appreciate all applications, only those students who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
General Application Instructions
The application will be available on Monday, December 1, 2016 at 9:00am EST. The application must be completed in one sitting. You may not save your responses and return to complete the application later. Be sure that you have compiled all of the required information and supporting documents before you begin the application. There is no time limit to complete your application.
There are five sections to this application:
1) Your Personal Information
2) Your Ranked List of Host Institutions
3) Your Academic History (accessed on the Student Web Service)
4) Two free-form questions (125 word limit per question)
5) Supporting Documents
– Statement of Personal Research Interests (250 word limit)
– Résumé or CV
– Centre for International Experience Funding Application
Note on Supporting Documents
You will be prompted to answer two free-form questions with a 125 word limit per question. The questions are:
- What do you see as the main challenges of an international research placement? What has prepared you for them?
- Why do you think you would make a good ambassador for the Engineering Science program?
Statement of Personal Research Interests
Your statement should explain your research interests and why a summer research placement abroad would benefit you academically and professionally. (250 word limit)
Centre for International Experience Funding Application
The CIE Funding Application is available here under ‘Forms’. Under Section II (Fund Selection) choose “CIE International Program Bursary” and “CIE Summer Research Exchange Program (SREP) Award.” If your top choice placement is the National University of Singapore, also select “CIE Strategic Partner Award.”
When calculating expenses please use estimates based on your first choice destination.