Exceptional Opportunities Award (EOA) – Deadline: Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 4:00pm
The Exceptional Opportunities Award supports student-initiated projects at top-tier international institutions. Each applicant is required to secure their own placement and supervisor.
There are a limited number of awards available each year for students wishing to undertake a summer (May-August) research project. The value of the EOA is $3000, with no requirement for funding from your prospective supervisor.
The Exceptional Opportunities Award is open to all Engineering Science students in their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year, as well as those currently on PEY provided their placement ends prior to May. Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or visa students may apply. Visa students are required to ensure that they have the necessary permissions and documentation for participation. All applicants must also have a supervisor prior to submitting an application.
Applicants should submit a single application for one (1) research experience. The Division will not decide between multiple projects/laboratories as part of the application process. Applicants will be notified of the results of the competition by mid-March.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a written report to the Division of Engineering Science at the end of the summer summarizing their research experience in the program.
Any questions about the Exceptional Opportunities Award may be directed to Scott Sleeth, Engineering Science Curriculum Officer, at email@example.com.
How to Apply
1) Complete the online EOA application, available below.
2) Attach the following documents:
1) Your statement of Personal Research Interests. Describe your own research interests and how the proposed experience is an exceptional opportunity that will complement your current program of studies and your academic or professional goals.
2) Confirmation of your placement from your supervisor. A signed and scanned copy of the Supervisor Confirmation Form (attached). Note: If your supervisor is unable to sign this form, please attach an e-mail or letter confirming the offer of a placement.
3) Your proposed project description as provided by your supervisor (one page limit).