Fourth year EngSci students, are you applying to graduate school this year?
Join Prof. Alan Chong for a special session to learn how to put your best foot forward with a strong personal statement.
This event has three components:
1. Watch Prof. Chong’s short video modules before the event—find them on the EngSci Info Hub’s Grad School Info page (UTORid login required):
- Understanding personal statements: What they are, and how to structure them
- Past experiences: Three example statements that show you how to decide what to include
- Future work, communication principles, and resources to help you
Once you’ve seen the videos, you probably have some questions about your specific situation, schools, and goals.
Come to the event to ask Prof. Chong about how to make the best impression and build a convincing argument for yourself through your personal statement.
2. Ask a question before the event
After you have watched the videos, you can submit or upvote questions for Prof. Chong ahead of the event through Slido, event code #nov162022. There will also be plenty of time to ask questions live during the event.
3. Attend the event
This event is open to EngSci students in their last year of study. Register for the session here.