Guided Engineering Academic Review Sessions (GEARS)
Are you looking to maintain your grades or improve them? Are you looking to meet some of your classmates? Carve out some dedicated time to review course material? Learn from the experiences of upper year EngScis? Whatever your goal, GEARS is for you!
GEARS is a great opportunity to connect with upper year EngScis who can answer questions about your courses (including tips and tricks!), the program, summer opportunities – or just life as an EngSci. Your Academic Mentors represent different Options, clubs & societies – some have completed PEY or done summer research abroad. Sessions are drop-in, so arrive when you can and stay for as long as you’d like.
Starting university is a busy time for everyone. It can be tough to carve out dedicated time to review specific course material while you are adjusting to a new schedule. GEARS are weekly drop-in sessions that help you to fit in that important review time.
What are the benefits of attending GEARS?
- Successful upper-year students provide guidance on reviewing materials and studying for tests.
- Dedicated, regular study time.
- Optimize study habits and time management skills.
- Get to know your classmates and meet upper-year students.
- All sessions are drop-in, no registration required. Unable to attend an entire session? Join GEARS for part of one.
- Judgement-free zone. No marks are issued and your attendance is not reported to your instructors.
- Helps you integrate how to learn with what you need to learn.