Each year, the Engineering Science Research Opportunities Program - Exceptional Opportunities (ESROP - ExOp) supports a limited number of EngSci students who have secured research opportunities outside of U of T and its affiliated institutions on their own.
This program is student-driven and only current EngSci students who have arranged for positions outside of those arranged by EngSci or the Centre for International Experience may apply for the awards.
Students granted the Exceptional Opportunities Award have worked on research projects as diverse as dark matter detection, micro-tissue engineering, and autonomous robots in renowned research labs around the world.
ESROP - ExOp details:
- Eligibility: Open to all EngSci students completing the first or second year of the Engineering Science program
- Supervision: teaching faculty outside of the University of Toronto or its affiliated institutions
- ESROP value: up to $3,000, plus contribution from the research supervisor required
- Application procedure: Applications open in early Feb and close in Mid-March
- Selection criteria: Strength of research proposal and academic achievement
Successful applicants must provide a two-page written report to the Division of Engineering Science at the end of the summer summarizing their research experience.