Each year the Division of Engineering Science sends over 30 enterprising EngSci students abroad to conduct summer research at our partner institutions through the Engineering Science Research Opportunities Program - Global (ESROP - GLOBAL).
These placements are arranged by the Division of Engineering Science and allow students to work alongside leading academics at renowned research facilities around the world. Placements are available in a wide range of engineering disciplines at world-leading universities and institutes in Asia, Europe, and North America.
ESROP - GLOBAL is open only to EngSci students in Years 1, 2 or 3 of the Engineering Science Program. The program is extremely popular and competitive, with approximately 150 applicants each year.
In recent years destinations have included Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, Norway, Japan, and Israel.
ESROP - GLOBAL details:
- Eligibility: Open to all EngSci students completing the first, second or third year of the Engineering Science program
- Supervision: Teaching faculty at partner institutions
- ESROP value: Variable, plus contribution from the research supervisor required
- Application procedure: Applications open in early December and close in early January
- Selection criteria: Strength of written application, academic achievement, and interview
Successful applicants must provide a two-page written report to the Division of Engineering Science at the end of the summer summarizing their research experience.