What if you could graduate with meaningful work experience, a strong resume, a large network, and professional skills that you'll leverage for years to come?
That's just the start of what you can gain from our Professional Experience Year Co-op Program (PEY Co-op), the largest optional work-experience program of its kind in Canada. Building on a 40-year legacy of facilitating successful professional opportunities for engineering students, PEY Co-op now includes more flexibility, so you can tailor your career development to suit your unique needs.
This program is entirely optional, but well over half of EngSci students choose to participate. Benefits include:
- graduate with up to 20 months of professional experience
- paid positions with an average annual salary of $50,000
- 360+ hiring companies worldwide, including leading global firms
- international positions available
- work terms can count toward obtaining your P.Eng. designation
Over the past five years, EngSci students have completed PEY Co-ops at companies including Accenture, BMO, Google, Harvard Medical School, Hydro One, IBM, MDA, NVIDIA, Toronto Transit Commission, Uber, and many more.
Kimberly Lai (1T9 PEY) shares her PEY experience working at Safran Landing Systems in this video.